Monday, August 27, 2007

Heady stuff

I read all the perspectives and my first thought was that these people are all smarter than I am!! Help!
Some parts of this sound postitive to me - of course, being innovative and keeping relevant are critical. It's also truly amazing to think of how easily connected we all are (meaning, the whole world, not just libraries), and how information is so easily accessible. The world truly is flat, to quote my favorite columnist, Tom Friedman.
But I was also struck by the fact that until the last article (I think), no one had even mentioned the word book, and these people were writing about libraries, after all. I realize that they were discussing technology and information, but they were also commenting on the future of libraries in general. I'm thinking there will be books involved...

No comments: